Terms and Conditions
1. Your continued use of this web site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices, as they appear in this document. By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions appearing in this document. If you are found to be in breach of the terms of this website you will be subject to permanent removal from the game.
2. ACGC is an online exam simulation game that is intended to be a fun place to practice your knowledge in preparation for a real Exam. The Points you earn are relevant only to the ACGC TM Website and its World Rankings system, they are not transferable and bear no relationship to any Examination.
3. You acknowledge that your performance in the ACGC TM game may not necessarily or accurately reflect your performance in an Examination TM.
4. Impersonating any ACGC TM staff may result in the player’s immediate ban.
5. While reasonable efforts will be exerted to ensure the site remains free from offensive and illegal content, the site administrator(s) and/or moderator(s) are not responsible for what other people upload to this system. You understand that in this case that ACGC is not a publisher and is not liable for any damages from such content and information posted by its players.
6. By using this service you agree not to cheat. If you come across a bug or exploit in the game you agree to report it to the appropriate administrator(s) and/or moderator(s) as soon as possible. If you use the exploit you will be removed from this website.
7. Account deletions and/or modifications can occur at any time by the ACGC administrator(s) and/or moderator(s) at their discretion. ACGC reserves the right to refuse or revoke membership to anyone at any time for any reason.
8. By using this service you agree not to access ACGC with any other programs than web browsers. Such other programs are in particular so called “Bots” as well as other tools that replace the web interface. The same applies to completely or partially automated scripts or programs that cause increased server loads. You must agree to not, under any circumstance, run automated scripts of any kind against this website. Browser add-ons are generally ok as long as they do not cause increased server loads or present security issues.
9. By using this service you agree not to attempt to access our servers, protected or coded data. You agree to do nothing that interferes with the ability of other ACGC members to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases our expense or difficulty in maintaining the service. You agree not use this website for any illegal purposes, and you will use it in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use this website in a way that may cause this website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of this website is in any way impaired.
10. ACGC is in beta development and as a result game features, demographics, statistics, calculations, and everything else may be subject to change at any time. We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of ACGC. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of this website or because of code issues, website failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of this website.
11. ACGC is privately owned and operated. ACGC is not a charity and it is not a non-profit organization.
12. Members can cancel their subscriptions at any time and their Membership will continue to be active until the end of the Membership renewal period. All subscriptions are non-refundable.
13. All intellectual property in the game, all rights and title in and to this website and service (including without limitation any user accounts, purchases and transactions, computer code, themes, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, logos, images, methods of operation, moral rights, and any related documentation) are privately owned in whole by ACGC Educational Gaming Pty Ltd, the creator, developer, and administrator of ACGC.
14. ACGC has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with this website. We may investigate any reported violation of these conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from this website).
15. ACGC is not liable in any way for server breakdown, faulty programming etc. The occurrence of any disadvantages for a user resulting from server breakdowns, faulty programming etc. does not entitle the user to claim the recovery of his account’s status before the occurrence.
16. ACGC shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of ACGC including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond our control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
17. You are responsible for maintaining a secure password to the site. You are responsible for the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to make efforts to use a complex password with unique characters and numbers and understand the importance of keeping your ACGC password different from all other websites that you visit. You agree to exit from your account at the end of each session using the logout link provided. You alone are fully liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these security measures.
18. When you submit information to ACGC, you grant the site and its administrator(s) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, and publicly display such content. You agree not to attempt to sell or profit from any such content or information via private exchanges without administrative consent.
19. By using this site you certify that you are at least thirteen years of age or have your legal guardian’s permission to use this website and/or its forums. Where your country of access imposes laws regulating this web site, you agree to use your best efforts to comply with them. If you participate in ACGC it is up to you to check the laws applicable in your area. We are not liable for any damages caused by the use of ACGC or the official ACGC forums.
20. USE THE WEB SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. We will not be liable for any damages for any reason. THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
21. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, ACGC is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you hereby release, ACGC, their officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service.
22. YOU AGREE TO BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR (AND FULLY INDEMNIFY US AGAINST) ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES, SUFFERED BY US AND ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THE CONDITIONS BY YOU OR ANY OTHER LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR THE USE BY ANY OTHER PERSON ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE USING YOUR PC OR INTERNET ACCESS ACCOUNT.
23. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND THEREFORE SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SECURITY OR PRIVACY OF THIS WEBSITE AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO OR TAKEN FROM THIS WEBSITE BY YOU. We will not voluntarily share your personal data with anyone and we will do our best to protect it at all times.
24. If any part of these Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
25. We reserve the right to alter, update, and change these terms and conditions from time to time, and your use of this website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. Users will be notified of an update to these terms and conditions when they login to the game. If you do not agree to any change made to these conditions then you must immediately stop using this website.
26. We reserve the right to alter, update, and change these terms and conditions from time to time, and your use of this website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. Users will be notified of an update to these terms and conditions when they login to the game. If you do not agree to any change made to these conditions then you must immediately stop using this website.
27. These terms of service are governed by the law of South Australia. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of its courts and courts of appeal from them. The parties will not object to the exercise of jurisdiction by those courts on any basis.