ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation IT Security Management
2 Day course
What you’ll learn
The Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27001 is a certification that validates a professional’s knowledge about
- Information and security: the concept, the value, the importance and the reliability of information;
- Threats and risks: the concepts of threat and risk and the relationship with the reliability of information;
- Approach and organization: the security policy and security organization including the components of the security organization and management of (security) incidents;
- Measures: the importance of security measures including physical, technical and organizational measures
- Legislation and regulations: the importance and impact of legislation and regulations.
- No specific prior knowledge required
- Familiarity with ISO standards and other service management framework (e.g. ITIL) is helpful
- General knowledge and understanding of service management helps
Information security is the protection of information from a wide range of threats in order to ensure business continuity, minimize business risk, and maximize return on investments and business opportunities.
The international standard for Information Security Management ISO/IEC 27001 is a widely respected and referenced standard and provides a framework for the organization and management of an information security program. Implementing a program based on this standard will serve an organization well in its goal of meeting many of the requirements faced in today’ s complex operating environment. A strong understanding of this standard is important to the personal development of every information security professional.
Who this course is for:
The examination for the Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27001 is intended for everyone in the organization who is processing information. The module is also suitable for entrepreneurs of small independent businesses for whom some basic knowledge of information security is necessary.
This module can be a good start for new information security professionals.
|Number of questions:
|Electronic equipment/aides permitted:
|Time allotted for examination:
This course is run in our Adelaide office, but broadcast live via our own live streaming platform.
All students get full access to the course, the trainer during and after the course, as well as the elearning site for 12 months.