WHY STUDY THIS COURSE
The ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI) course is designed to provide IT practitioners with an understanding of service quality and improvement methods, enabling them to continue to deliver innovative yet reliable tech-enabled services to their customers in an increasingly competitive market.
The ITIL 4 DPI course provides the practical skills necessary to create a “learning and improving” IT organisation, with a strong and effective strategic direction. With the help of ITIL 4 concepts and terminology, activities, exercises, and examples included in the course, you will acquire relevant knowledge to pass the ITIL 4 DPI certification exam.
The course is designed to provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility. It is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements.
The ITIL 4 DPI course is common to both ITIL 4 streams: Managing Professional and Strategic Leader.
- The Managing Professional (MP) stream provides practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows
- The Strategic Leader (SL) stream recognises the value of ITIL, not just for IT operations, but for all digitally-enabled services
This course includes a digital copy of the ITIL DPI Official Guidance handbook, containing practical material for reference back in the workplace.
This course pricing includes a voucher for the ITIL 4 Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI) Exam, which is an online proctored exam through PeopleCert. It is a 90-minute closed book exam consisting of 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark of 70% (28/40). Practice exam papers and questions are provided in the course, and reviewed to assist in preparation.
After passing the exam, each student’s certificate will be made available to them via PeopleCert.
It is highly recommended that you spend some time each evening of this course reviewing and consolidating what you’ve learned, to be well prepared for the exam.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
The purpose of the ITIL 4 DPI course is to provide candidates with an understanding of:
- the key concepts of Direct, Plan and Improve
- the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- the role of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements
- how to use the key principles and methods of Organisational Change Management to direction, planning and improvement
- how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in directing, planning and improvement
- how to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
- how to manage risks in an effective way during direction, planning, and improvement
- how to manage portfolios and make effective decisions
- how to develop an effective business case
- how to direct strategies and actions through Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC)
- how to develop meaningful, detailed value stream maps (VSM)
- continual improvement of the service value chain and practices